Resonance of Fate (2010)
Platform of Origin:
PlayStation 3/Xbox 360.
Solo (Project X Zone)
Zephyr (Project X Zone 2)
First Character Appearance:
- "All right! Time for this bullet ballet to begin!"
Vashyron (ヴァシュロン Vashuron?) is one of the three playable protagonists in Resonance of Fate. He is the leader of the PMF Hunter squad which Zephyr and Leanne belong to. Though he may be joking around most of the time and is shown to be a pervert, he also has a somber, serious side to him when certain issues come up.
Vashyron was once a military man working for the Cardinals, the ruling members of Basel. On a mission to take out a girl attacking people outside the tower, every person on his squad, save him, was the only one to survive the attack due to his "Knight of Zenith" status.
He later formed a Hunter squad, with Zephyr and Leanne as its members. Although the two wouldn't show it, Vashyron immediately saw the strong relationship forming between the two.
As the story goes on, he starts becoming more and more serious as the fate of Basel was closing in.
Former military, and the leader of the squad of Hunters called "Team Vashyron." The sole survivor of a unit wiped out by a mysterious enemy. After starting out as a Hunter, he was involved with the suppression an incident at the Seminary, where he encountered Zephyr and then took him in. He subsequently also took in Leanne, and the three of them now operate the squad together. While he has strong ties to many of the Cardinals, those in control of Basel, he also enjoys his freedom and never lets anyone control him. Extremely flirtatious, many of his comments both in and out of battle could be considered sexual harassment; however, he is also extremely capable in combat and has a hardcore professional mentality that can be completely heartless at times.
Vashyron first appears in Chapter 5: The God Eaters in Project X Zone. for Project X Zone 2, he first appears in Prologue 4: Welcome To The World and reappears in Chapter 14: Renaissance of Fate alongside Zephyr and Leanne.
Vashyron uses every weapon he has on him, including his special Magnum. In Project X Zone 2, he pairs up with Zephyr and Leanne trades roles as a solo support.
Stats at Level 99 (Project X Zone 2)
Project X Zone 2 Ultimate Equipment
Gear: Power of a Knight of Zenith (ATK +339, TEC +30, DEX +30, HP +8000)
Accessory: Neverland Suit (ATK +20, DEF +220, TEC +20, DEX +20, SP +50)
Project X Zone Solo Attack
Project X Zone 2 Attack List
|Knife & Handgun||A||None|
|Dash Shot & Electro Grenade||C||Stun|
|Sliding Shot & Rebound Shot||B||Down|
|Backflip Shot & Molotov Cocktail||B||Block Crush|
|Midair Barrage & Freezer Grenade||C||Stun|
|Special: Two Shots to the Head||S||None|
|MA: Grenade Blast Up (2 enemies)||S||None|
|Support: Combo Attack & Toxic Grenade||C||Poison|
Project X Zone Skill List
|Skill Name||XP Cost||Target||Effect||Description|
|Trusty Magnum||15%||Self||Attack Range +1||Vashyron's pride and joy|
|Resonance Attack||35%||Self||Support Attack +1||Vashyron shows off his skills as a team player|
|Teachings of Victor||Auto||Self||XP Rate increase 30%||Vashyron Only|
Project X Zone 2 Skill List
|Hero Action||30||Self||Nullify ZOC||Zephyr runs freely amongst his foes to gain the best attack position.|
|Armor-Piercing Rounds||20||Ally||Block Damage +40%||Vashyron's special bullets can hit home against armored foes.|
|Multi-Charge||70||Self||Charge Bonus Damage +50%||Zephyr readies his gun before attacking, taking his time for extra power.|
|Trusty Magnum||60||Self||Normal Attack Range +1||Vashyron uses his beloved Magnum to take on foes from far away.|
Project X Zone 2 Auto Skill List
|Name||CP Cost||Activation Rate||Effect||Description|
|Good In The Dark||0||Start of Turn: 100%||Extends CRT Window||Zephyr's dark-seeing eyes notice the slightest opening in foes.|
|Victor's Credo||0||After Action: XP 100 or more||Join Counterattacks||Vashyron's former boss only trusted those who stood shoulder to shoulder with him.|
|Secret Stash||300||Start of Turn: Round 5 or higher||Gold Acquired +15%||The thrifty Vashyron is always quick to spot extra money he can keep.|
|Toxic Grenade||400||Start of Turn: Round 10 or lower||Poison Counter||Zephyr throws a poison grenade at attacking foes.|
|Galaxy Knuckle||500||Start of Turn: SP 80% or more||Disables Block Crush||A battle arena prize that makes it easier for Vashyron to down foes.|
|Seminary Scripture||600||Start of Turn: SP 25% or less||Recovers SP on turns when unit doesn't respond.||Kept by Zephyr as a reminder of the indelible past he must face up to someday.|
|Knight of Zenith||700||Start of Turn: 100%||Heals fully when Rescuing||Zephyr and Vashyron miraculous kept their critically-wounded bodies alive.|
His theme is "Irruption (B)", the remix theme from Resonance of Fate.
List of Quotes - Zephyr & Vashyron
List of Quotes - Vashyron (Story/PXZ)
- Vashyron and Flynn are the only solo units to become pairs in the sequel.
- They are also only character to swap roles with their pairs' former partners.
- Vashyron, Flynn, Saya, Ken, and Lindow are the only playable units to be absent in Project X Zone's intro.
- He does make an appearance in the sequel's.
- Vashyron and Zephyr have some of the lowest stats in Project X Zone 2. They have the lowest ATK, DEF, and TEC of any pair.
- Vashyron is the first Resonance of Fate character to appear in Project X Zone
- Vashyron, Zephyr, and Leanne are the only Tri-Ace developed playable units.
- They are also the only playable units in the Project X Zone games to have multiple characters from a one-off title.
- The Resonance of Fate cast, Juri, and Natsu are the playable units to simultaneously debut on the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360.
- Vashyron, Zephyr, Seth, Felicia, Erica, and Aty are the only characters to have a sprite featuring a different appearance than their default sprite.
- Vashyron and Zephyr use their reindeer costumes from Chapter 13 of Resonance of Fate.
- The Valkyrias don't count since they simply glow.
- Vashyron's portrait where he leans over and rolls his arms comes from a dance he does in his mind after looking at Cardinal Barbarella's breasts in Chapter 5 of Resonance of Fate.
- This cutscene is where most of his sexual lingo he frequently uses in the Project X Zone games' dialogue like "bunker busters", "trusty magnum", and "fertile soil" come from.
- Vashyron's special in Project X Zone 2, Two Shots to the Head where he grabs a gun and shoots the enemy up close twice, is a reference to Resonance of Fate's intro cutscene where he picks up and pins an insane Zephyr on the same religious statue from the special and shoots him in the mouth twice.
|Project X Zone|
|Akira - Alisa A. - Alisa B. - Arthur - Bahn - Batsu - BlackRose - Bruno - Chris - Chun-Li - Cyrille - Dante - Demitri - Devilotte - Erica - Estelle |
Flynn - Frank - Gemini - Haken - Heihachi - Hsien-Ko - Ichiro - Imca - Jill - Jin - Juri - Kaguya - Ken - Kite - Kogoro - KOS-MOS - Kurt
Lady - Leanne - Lindow - Mii - Morrigan - Neneko/Neito - Pai - Reiji - Riela - Rikiya - Ryu - Sakura - Sänger - Saya - Servbots - Soma
T-elos - Toma - Tron - Ulala - Valkyrie - Vashyron - X - Xiaomu - Xiaoyu - Yuri - Zephyr - Zero
|Nemesis - Lord Raptor - Jedah - Seth - Vile - Astaroth - Shielder - Selvaria - Aya-me - Ciseaux - V-Dural - V-Dural (Statue)|
Riemsianne - Coco ★ Tapioca - Skeith - Skeith Zero - Phantom - Vajra - Dokugozu - Dokumezu - Meden - Due - Eins - Drei
|Aura - Iris|