Walküre no Bōken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu
- "Oh, Goddess...Grant me victory!"
Valkyrie is from the Legend of Valkyrie series. She is a heavenly warrior called to save Marvel Land in its darkest hour. She wields a sword and shield, as well as a variety of magic.
In the world of Marvel Land, people and nature lived in a harmonic coexistance. A large clocktower stood watch over them. An ancient evil was sealed away there, but no one was worried for those days were long gone...or so they thought. One day, the clock stopped working. One of the villagers attempts to fix it, but it was too late: Zouna, the evil wizard that can control time was freed and stolen the key to ensure he won't be sealed again.
Chaos and darkness fell onto the denizens as Zouna's powers were unleashed upon Marvel Land. Their savior came from the heavens: Valkyrie, a fledgeling maiden who vows to stop Zouna's terror. Along the way, she encounters the Sandra hero Kurino, and frees him from Zouna's curse. As she continued on her quest, she learns that a demon thief called Kamuze has stolen the Golden Seed. A mystical item and of high value, she and Kurino sought to get it back. After retrieving it, they head towards the castle where Zouna is said to rule. As they get closer, she falls into an illusion and faces Dark Valkyrie, a dark version of herself, in battle. After defeating her shadow, Valkyrie confronts Zouna in the deepest part of the castle. After a long fight, Valkyrie emerged victorious and Marvel Land is once again at peace.
Crosspedia Entry Edit
A warrior maiden in service to the Goddess who rules the Heavens.
While she has the strength of conviction to bravely face down whatever challenges confront her, she is also possessed of a merciful and meek personality, and she is unfailingly polite.
In battle, she attacks with exceptional sword skills and a variety of magic.
When the Demon King Zouna was reawakened and persecuted the people of Earth, she stood against him, ultimately defeating him.
After that, the Demon Kamuz also appeared, stealing from mortals the Golden Seed that grants any wish to use it to rule the world. Valkyrie descended to Earth once more to face this new crisis and restore peace, and after a long battle, she managed to seal Kamuz away.
Due to being one of Namco's oldest gaming icons, Valkyrie has appearances both physically and referentially in many of their games. Her most prominent references are found in the Tales series:
- In the original PlayStation Tales of Destiny, Valkyrie can be summoned using the "Valkyrie" item. She inflicts light elemental damage to all enemies on screen.
- In Tales of Eternia, she appears as an optional superboss that the main protagonist Reid Hershel can fight solo after climbing the Glimmer Spire. As an Easter egg, the original Legend of Valkyrie theme plays throughout the dungeon.
- Her helmet is an accessory for Anise Tatlin's Tokunaga doll in Tales of the Abyss, which changes its appearance to match Valkyrie.
- A Valkyrie costume is available for Estelle in the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia as DLC.
- Valkyrie can be summoned as a support arte in Tales of Hearts once the player locates her trademark feathered helmet; when called on, she attacks with the Cyclone spell, which is a reference to her own Cyclone no Jutsu.
- A Valkyrie costume can be unlocked and purchased for Cassandra Alexandria in Weapons Master Mode from Soulcalibur II. Valkryie's weapons are also used for Cassandra and her sister, Sophitia, respectively in the Soul series. In Soul Calibur III, Valkryie can be recreated in Create-a-Soul and her weapon can be used by Sword & Shield attributes.
- Valkyrie appears alongside with Samus from Metroid, Master Chief from Halo and Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile as the last characters to be added in a fanmade crossover called Project X Cards. Her Crisis Attack is Megami Kourin which Kurino and Sabine help her to finish off the enemy and then Valkyrie flies to the sky and she finishes with a flying sword dive, her theme is the Main Theme from Valkyrie no Densetsu.
Valkyrie has also appeared in several crossovers prior to Project X Zone, all of which were Japanese only releases. Her very first outing was Namco Super Wars, a game released in 2002 for the Wonderswan Color. Namco x Capcom in 2005 was her second time, where she herself was a solo unit for the entire game; her Marvel World companions Kurino and Sabine also appeared as a paired unit. The third time was the mobile phone game Namco Chronicle in 2009.
Valkyrie first appears in Prologue 4: The Man The Devils Fear and reappears in Chapter 13: Valkyries' Adventure. Valkyrie's Solo Attack is Big Magic, where she uses a variety of items and spells from The Legend of Valkyrie. She starts with three Through Shots, followed with three Homing Shots, a Wide Beam, and then diving diagonally toward the opponent to pierce with her sword. She immediately follows this up by unleashing her many magic spells, flying up into the air while using Hurricane and Cyclone. Meanwhile, her Bunshin spell summons four miniatures of her that throw Bombs at the enemy, whereupon she ends her assist by using the Big magic to increase her size and smash the target under her rear.
In Project X Zone 2, she first appears in Prologue 5: The Fire Emblem and reappears in Chapter 13: The Second Coming of Valkyrie. Her Solo Attack is similar to the previous game, but the Namco characters Wagan, Solvalou, Pino and Acha also appear to assist in the attack. Also, Valkyrie falls on her front rather than with her rear at the end of the assist.
Project X Zone Solo Attack Edit
Project X Zone 2 Solo Attack Edit
|Ride of the Valkyrie||B||Block Crush|
Project X Zone Skill List Edit
|Skill Name||XP Cost||Target||Effect||Description|
|Medical Arts||20%||Self||Heal HP 30%||Magic used by Valkyrie to heal herself|
|Antidote Arts||10%||Ally||Heal all ailments||Magic used by Valkyrie to cure status ailments|
|Gospel Staff||Auto (HP under 50%)||Self||20% XP cost reduction||Valkyrie Only|
Project X Zone 2 Skill List Edit
|Medical Arts||10||Ally||HP Recovered 20%||Valkyrie's Healing Magic, born from her deep love for all living things.|
|Super Helmet||100||Self||Defense +100%||Valkyrie's winged helmet, imbued with a powerful magic defense.|
Project X Zone 2 Auto Skill List Edit
|Name||CP Cost||Activation Rate||Effect||Description|
|Power Axe||0||Start of Turn: 100%||Block Crush Damage +50%||An axe that can crush through both trees and rock, destroying enemy defenses.|
|Power Tent||500||After Action: 100%||SP Recovery 20%||Resting in Valkyrie's comfortable tent boosts intelligence.|
|Gospel Staff||1250||After Action: XP 50 or more||Skill SP Cost down 25%||Valkyrie's magic staff provides support for battle skills.|
|Heart Container||1000||Start of Turn: Round 10 or higher||Max HP +30%||A container with Valkyrie's energetic life force. Just holding it energizes allies.|
|Flight Skills||750||Start of Turn: SP 50% or more||Nullifies Traps||Valkyrie's flight magic which lets her dodge traps in her way.|
Her theme is a remix of the main theme of Legend of Valkyrie.
|Project X Zone|
|Akira - Alisa A. - Alisa B. - Arthur - Bahn - Batsu - BlackRose - Bruno - Chris - Chun-Li - Cyrille - Dante - Demitri - Devilotte - Erica - Estelle |
Flynn - Frank - Gemini - Haken - Heihachi - Hsien-Ko - Ichiro Ogami - Imca - Jill - Jin - Juri - Kaguya - Ken - Kite - Kogoro - KOS-MOS - Kurt
Lady - Leanne - Ling Xiaoyu - Lindow - Mii - Morrigan - Neneko/Neito - Pai - Reiji - Riela - Rikiya - Ryu - Sakura - Sänger - Saya - Servbots
Soma - T-elos - Toma - Tron - Ulala - Valkyrie - Vashyron - X - Xiaomu - Yuri - Zephyr - Zero
|Astaroth - Aya-me - Ciseaux - Coco ★ Tapioca - Dokugozu - Dokumezu - Drei - Due - Ein - Jedah - Lord Raptor - Meden |
Necron - Nemesis - Omicon - Phantom - Riemsianne - Selvaria - Seth - Skeith - Vajra - V-Dural - Vile
|Aura - Iris|