Soulcalibur V (2012)
Platform of Origin:
PlayStation 3/Xbox 360
First Chapter Appearance:
Natsu was a member of the demon-fighting Fu-Ma clan. She grew up under the harsh glares of her fellow ninja, who feared the great demon Arahabaki that was sealed within her. Some even made attempts on her life.
Thankfully, Natsu's master, Taki, protected and supported her. The young ninja came to love and respect her mentor; though she often disregarded the clan's rules, Natsu always obeyed Taki.
But now it had been several months since Taki left on a mission to the western continent, and Natsu was growing uneasy.
"Master said her journey would last no longer than two weeks..."
It was then that a girl named Leixia appeared at the gates of the Fu-Ma village. She explained she was on an "adventure" to uncover the secrets of a mysterious pendant. When Leixia learned of the demon dwelling within Natsu, not only did she show no fear, but she was actually envious of Natsu. Drawn to the girl's cheerful innocence, Natsu offered to serve as her bodyguard. After all, the trip might provide an opportunity to find her missing master as well...
And so it was the two girls began their long journey west...
A ninja from the demon-sealing Fu-Ma Clan. She has a cheerful and positive personality, but she is also highly spirited and hates to be confined. This combination often leads to her to break the rules of her clan.
She was raised by Chie, the head of her village, and trained by her "master" Taki in the Musoh-Battoh-Ryu style of dual swordfighting. Her two swords, Kuzukiri and Awayuki, are named after sweets that she heard were popular in the city.
She was possessed by the great demon Arahabaki while she was still young and can now call upon his supernatural powers. However, each time she does so, she faces the danger of weakening the seal Taki placed on her body.
Her theme is a remix of her Soulcalibur V theme "Faster Than A Howling Wind"
Natsu uses her Musoh-Battoh style of fighting to slice her enemies before finishing with her Critical Edge, Great Curse of Arahabaki.
|Great Curse of Arahabaki||C||Stun|
|Weasel Run||20||Self||Nullify ZOC||Natsu builds up spirit force, then instantly zooms right through her foes.|
|Dream Scroll||50||Self||Block Damage +150%||Natsu slashes her spirit-infused sword to lower her foes' defense.|
Auto Skill List
|Name||CP Cost||Activation Rate||Effect||Description|
|Muso Sword Slash||0||Start of Turn: 100%||Combo XP Recoverd +25%||Natsu's teacher Taki taught her this nimble dual-sword strike that stuns foes.|
|Poison Dart||500||Start of Turn: 10 or more enemies remain||Doubles ZOC||Natsu throws caltrops on the ground to restrict enemy movements.|
|Possession Rush||750||After Action: XP 100 or more||Attack Range +1||Natsu charges up spiritual force before confronting foes.|
|Master's Teachings||1000||Start of Turn: 10 or more enemies defeated||EXP acquired +20%||Natsu is a free spirit, but she still always follows her master's teachings.|
|Power of Arahabaki||1250||Start of Turn: SP 10% or less||Max HP +50%||The great spirit Arahabaki lurking within Natsu unleashes enhanced abilities.|
- Natsu is the sole representative of Soul Calibur in Project X Zone 2. No enemies or stages are present.
- Soul Calibur is the only franchise where the representation got noticeably worse in later entries, with Namco X Capcom having Taki and Mitsurugi playable, the Soul Edge as an important item to the plot, and Charade as an enemy.
- Captain Commando and Strider are similar, but to a much lesser extent.
- Natsu, Juri, and the Resonance of Fate cast are the only characters to debut on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Natsu, Ryo, Segata, Phoenix, and Maya are the only playable characters in Project X Zone 2 that don't have enemies from their games.
- Natsu speaks in modern slang despite coming from 17th century Japan.
- Her "goal" of searching for Taki ends as soon as it begins since Hiryu tells her that she has returned to her time.
- Natsu has red hair because the designers didn't want to make her too similar to Taki.