God Eater 2 (2013)
Platform of Origin:
PlayStation Portable/PlayStation Vita
First Chapter Appearance:
Marduk (マルドゥーク Marudūku?) is a large wolf-like Aragami from God Eater 2 and is a boss in Project X Zone 2.
An Aragami that's as nimble as the wolf it resembles. Its forelimbs are equipped with gauntlets that contain heat-generating organs, which it can use for both melee attacks and fireballs.
Its most distinctive feature is its powerful special ability known as "resonance" that enables it to influence other Aragami, including giant ones such as Vajra.
Marduk first appears in Chapter 16: Thicker than Water, appearing on the Ice Blue Canyon with an army of Aragami it took control of, among them being a Vajra. The heroes battle it and manage to defeat it, chasing it away, despite Ciel and Nana's hope they could destroy it.
A second Marduk appears in Chapter 23: The Shade of the Night on the Balrog with several more Aragami and another Vajra, this one having been created on the ship by M. Bison and dispatched by Tong Pooh to deal with the heroes. However, it is defeated and destroyed, while the God Eaters are left amazed at how they were able to weaponize one.
A third Marduk appears in Chapter 30: Way Beyond Good and Evil on the Wreckage Beach on the Fallen Arm with more Aragami and another Vajra, this one again having been created by M. Bison to keep the heroes at bay. After it is destroyed, Alisa says that they need to figure out how exactly M. Bison is controlling psions like it and how they can stop it.
A fourth and final Marduk appears in Chapter 40: Iron Fists of Fury, this one emerging from a portal connected to the God Eater's time in Shibuya with an army of Aragami and a few God Arc Soldiers. After it is destroyed, the God Eaters hope that that is the last psion they have to deal with at least until they return to their world.
Enemy Attack List
|Special: White-Hot Combo||S||None|
|MA: Molten Lava (2-4 targets)||S||None|
- Marduk is the only new God Eater boss in Project X Zone 2.
- Marduk is the only psion to appear in Project X Zone 2.
- Marduk and Vajra are the only feral bosses.
- Both are Aragami.
- They are also the only bosses to originate from the PlayStation Portable.
- Marduk also comes from the PlayStation Vita.
- Differences between Marduk and Vajra include:
- Marduk has more TEC, DEX, and Block.
- Vajra has more HP, ATK, and DEF than Marduk.
- Vajra, unlike Marduk can attack multiple units without a special.
- Marduk has one less encounter than Vajra.
- In Project X Zone 2, its last encounter, Chapter 40 is the only chapter where it doesn't share an appearance with Vajra.
- Marduk, Coco ★ Tapioca, Aya-me, and Shadow are the only bosses that summon in-game enemies in their attacks.
- Marduk summons Fallen Zygotes in its multi-attack special.
- Marduk, Kamuz, Astaroth, Shielder, Riemsianne, Vile, and Pyron are the only bosses that use fire in their attacks.