Platform of Origin:
First Chapter Appearance:
- "I have a feeling it is somewhere in... The World!"
Kite (カイト Kaito?) is the main protagonist of the original .hack series and is a playable unit in the two Project X Zone games.
In the .hack//Games, Kite was invited by his real life friend Yasuhiko to play an online game called The World. Orca, Yasuhiko's character, and Kite adventured in a dungeon where they encountered a mysterious girl named Aura. Aura was going to give Orca a mysterious book until a monster called Skeith appeared and killed Orca. Skeith was about to attack Kite as well, but a mysterious hacker named Helba saved Kite and booting him from the server with the book. After the encounter, Kite learned that his friend Yasuhiko had fallen into a coma in the real world. This prompted Kite to investigate The World thinking it may be related to their encounter with Skeith, which soon turn out to be a bigger crisis that he had ever thought.
Throughout his quest, he met a Heavy Blade character named BlackRose and she eventually becomes one of his best partners, as both having the same problem. Throughout his quests, he meets characters such as Mia, Elk, Mistral, Piros, and Wiseman. He also encounters a character named Balmung, Orca's partner in The World who used to think Kite was a hacker.
Not long after Yasuhiko got comatosed, Kite encounters a Data Bug at the Hulle Granz Cathedral. After Balmung attacks with no effect, he opens the Book of Twilight and his character is altered and gains the ability to Data Drain and Gate Hack to fight the unknown threat. As they continue their quest, they meet Skeith again and this time they manage to defeat Skeith. As he and his friends began unraveling the mysteries surrounding The World, they encounter more of the Epitaphs of Twilight and even met The World's creator, Harold Hoerwick, who explained the true purpose of The World: the creation of the ultimate AI, Aura. However, the Morganna program has been trying to stall it's creation with the Epitaphs and sealing Harold's mind inside the network, as well as using Cubia, the shadow sealed in the Twilight Bracelet. After forming an alliance with master hacker Helba and Lios, one of The World's admins, the group .hackers was created to stop the threat of Morganna.
They execute "Operation: Wavebreak" to access The World's core and fight against the final phase, Corbenik. As everyone fights, they find themselves deleted one by one when it got close to defeat. Just then, Aura makes the ultimate sacrifice and disappears...becoming The World's ultimate AI. After a few months, those that were in a coma, including Orca, woke up and The World was restored.
- Kite and Black Rose are reoccurring characters for the dothack series their first appearance in the anime is for episode 28 of .hack//SIGN: Unison where after resolving some lingering problems in the game they along with the main characters of the anime series Tsukasa, Mimiru, Subaru, Bear, BT, Crim, Silver Knight and Sora they join Helba and Lios for a party in Netslum where they are also Aura another character from the dothack games. Later in the anime series, .hack//Legend of the Twilight, a duplicate of Kite and BlackRose's character models are portrayed by the real life twins namely as Shugo and Rena Kunisaki instead of the real protagonist of the .hack games, as Shugo and Rena continue to play the inside the online game called the World as their enemies are trying to seek Shugo/Kite's bracelet which has an ability to drain the enemy's data using its ability the Data Drain. Kite's character design also used ass apart of the individuals Tri -Edge (Also known as Azure Flame Kite, but abrv. Azure Kite) from .hack//Roots and Sakuya from .hack//Quantum.
One of the legendary PCs (player characters) called ".hackers" from the online game "The World." Once used the power of the "Twilight Bracelet" entrusted to him by Aura to resolve a far-reaching virus incident whose repercussions stretched even into the real world. He is currently equipped with a new Twilight Bracelet. Has a warm and calm personality, and is an excellent leader, though he can worry too much about things. In real life he's a junior high school student.
Kite first appears in Chapter 7: The .hackers along with BlackRose. He armed with his signature blades, utilizes most of his Twin Blade moves from the original .hack games and a few from .hack//link, including his Tri-Edge mark. His special finisher is his signature Data Drain, which played heavily into the main plot of the original .hack games. He is partnered with BlackRose, his first ally after Orca's death. In Project X Zone 2, he is partnered with Haseo from its sequel series .hack//G.U.
Stats at Level 50 (Project X Zone)
Stats at Level 99 (Project X Zone 2)
Project X Zone 2 Ultimate Equipment
Gear: Ticking Death (ATK +326, TEC +20, DEX +20, HP +5000, Absorbs SP)
Accessory: Aura's Cloak (ATK +10, DEF +249, TEC +30, DEX +30, SP +50)
Project X Zone Attack List
|Sparrow Counter & Gun Drive||C||6%||None|
|Solo Whirlwind Dance & Cyclone||B||4%||None|
|Gale Blade & Tiger Blitz||A||6%||None|
|Tiger Ring Blade & Xth Cross Chain||B||6%||Down|
|Tri-Edge & Harpoon||B||5%||Stun & Critical+|
|Special: Data Drain||S||100% Cost||Stun|
|MA: Meteor Strike (2-4 enemies)||C||100% Cost||Stun|
|Support: Tri-Edge & Cyclone||C||None|
Project X Zone 2 Attack List
|Flame Dance & Tiger Blitz||A||None|
|Moonlight Blade & Lotus Flower||B||Down|
|Double Gale Blade||C||Stun|
|Ghost Falcon & Charge Slash||A||None|
|Tri-Flame & Reaper's Dance||C||Poison|
|Special: Data Drain||S||Down|
|MA: The Terror of Death||S||None|
|Support: Tri-Flame & Reaper's Dance||C||Poison|
Project X Zone Skill List
|Skill Name||XP Cost||Target||Effect||Description|
|Repth||30%||Ally||Heal HP 30%||Healing Magic|
|Rip Teyn||10%||Ally||Heal all ailments||Magic that cures ailments|
|Ap Do||20%||Self||Range +2||Magic that increases speed|
|Ap Corv||30%||Self||Attack +15%||Magic that increases physical strength|
|Protect Break||Auto||Self||Nullify enemy block (30% chance)||Kite only|
Project X Zone 2 Skill List
|Repth||20||Ally||HP Recovery 30%||Kite's magic that heals the energy all adventurer's rely on.|
|Backstab||70||Self||Back Attack +50%||Haseo can earn a damage bonus when hitting a foe from behind.|
|Rip Teyn||30||Ally||Heals Poison, Stun, and Bind||Kite's magic that heals status ailments, always helpful in a pinch.|
|Surprise Attack||70||Self||Side Attack +75%||Haseo sneaks up on an unwitting foe, keeping out of sight before striking.|
Project X Zone 2 Auto Skill List
|Name||CP Cost||Activation Rate||Effect||Description|
|Speed Talisman||0||After Action: SP 50% or less||Move +1||Kite's talisman boosts his movement speed.|
|Armor Pierce||0||Start of Turn: 100%||Block Damage +25%||Haseo's weapon-based combo strike can even break tough armor.|
|Quick Rengeki||300||After Action: XP 100 or more||Extends Cross Freeze||Haseo's weapon-based skill lets him string normal attacks together more easily.|
|Protect Break||400||Start of Turn: 100%||Block Crush Damage +25%||Kite's attack crushes the protection place on foes, dealing major damage.|
|Vengeful Blade||500||After action: HP 50% or less||Attack +10%||The vengeful Haseo's attack power is at its highest when the need is strongest.|
|Rengeki Finish||600||Start of Turn: 30%||Absorbs XP (EP)||Haseo's tension rises after beating foes with a Rengeki combo.|
|Data Drain||700||Start of Turn: 20%||Collects SP||The power of the bracelet Aura gave Kite drains the status of defeated foes.|
His theme is "Stairs of Time" from .hack//link, which is shared with his partner, BlackRose.
List of Quotes - Kite (Story/PXZ)
- Kite and the .hack// franchise are the only Bandai representatives for Bandai Namco in the Project X Zone series.
- Kite, BlackRose, and Haseo are the only playable units to originate from an anime.
- Kite, BlackRose, KOS-MOS, T-elos, and Neneko are the only playable units from the PS2 whose games haven't been ported to modern consoles.
- Haseo's games, the G.U. series, had a remaster in 2017.
- Kite is the only .hack character who is the dominant member of a pair.
- In English, Kite is voiced by Mona Marshall.
- In both games, Kite joins the party in Hulle Granz Cathedral. However, each game takes place in a different revision of it.
- Kite, Sakura, Ogami, Demitri, KOS-MOS, X, and Zero are the only characters who appeared in both Project X Zone games that join the party at a stage from their home franchise in both games.
|Project X Zone|
|Akira - Alisa A. - Alisa B. - Arthur - Bahn - Batsu - BlackRose - Bruno - Chris - Chun-Li - Cyrille - Dante - Demitri - Devilotte - Erica - Estelle |
Flynn - Frank - Gemini - Haken - Heihachi - Hsien-Ko - Ichiro - Imca - Jill - Jin - Juri - Kaguya - Ken - Kite - Kogoro - KOS-MOS - Kurt
Lady - Leanne - Lindow - Mii - Morrigan - Neneko/Neito - Pai - Reiji - Riela - Rikiya - Ryu - Sakura - Sänger - Saya - Servbots - Soma
T-elos - Toma - Tron - Ulala - Valkyrie - Vashyron - X - Xiaomu - Xiaoyu - Yuri - Zephyr - Zero
|Nemesis - Lord Raptor - Jedah - Seth - Vile - Astaroth - Shielder - Selvaria - Aya-me - Ciseaux - V-Dural - V-Dural (Statue)|
Riemsianne - Coco ★ Tapioca - Skeith - Skeith Zero - Phantom - Vajra - Dokugozu - Dokumezu - Meden - Due - Eins - Drei
|Aura - Iris|