Resonance of Fate (2010)
Platform of Origin:
PlayStation 3/Xbox 360
First Chapter Appearance:
Cardinal Garigliano (ガリジャーノン Garijānon?) is a character from Resonance of Fate. He appears as an NPC in Project X Zone 2.
- Oh ho. So you say you'll remove the gold chains?
- I have no qualms about that, but... This time of year, there may be beautiful, dangerous wood sprites out there.
- If you intention is to disturb Basel... As a Cardinal, I cannot allow that. You are aware, yes?
- If going by strict definition, yes. But I prefer to think of myself as merely a man who loves art and beauty.
- I'm far from the hardest worker amongst the Cardinals.
- For matters beyond the picture frame, I think it best to let those most suited deal with them.
- ...Very well. I won't inquire into who you are. I also promise not to interfere.
- As long as you remove all the gold chains from my studio and from Square Garden.
- ...I must tell you. The PMF people I asked to look into the chains the other day have since vanished.
- Be careful. Without knowing what those things are, I cannot assume responsibility.
- What have we here? What have we here? What have we here? What have we here?
- Before my very eyes! Seekers of beauty, with a most DIVERSE... je ne sais quoi.
- Yes, there! See it? Mmm... Feral qualities--some more than others--
- Yet not without grace!
- Ah. I see.
- I've found the cats!
- I've found the ninja!
- I've found the old ladies!
- I've found the robots!
- I've found Segata!
- Hah! I let myself get carried away. I didn't mean to upset you, my dears.
- The artiste who created you. Where is he? I should like to have a word with him.
- You have a sharp eye indeed to attract so much talent in one place.
- These colorful characters led here by my Goddess in her infinite Mercy... They've inspired me in ways I didn't think possible!
- So, what can I do for you, Miss Urashima?
- Ahh... So it is gold and silver you seek... Of the highest purity.
- Gold and silver... Hmm... You know, come to think of it, I may have used something of that sort just recently...
- Yes. Not that long ago, I commissioned a statue of the Goddess of Mercy.
- Her strength! Her sophistication! Her beauty! To capture and preserve these qualities for all time, the sculptor must--
- Ah, yes, please pardon my boorishness. The answer is... Yes!
- According to your esteemed artiste, you require the gleam of precious metals in a struggle against the chaos of the world...
- Chaos that threatens to defile the sacred peace of Basel as well.
- If this truly be the case, it would be a privilege to donate my gold and silver to these gallant warriors.
- The gold and silver are in one of my studio areas, the Forest of Idols.
- You can use the rails I've laid throughout the forest to carry them out.
- But caution is in order. This time of year, the forest is filled with beautiful wood sprites. Not a safe place to be.
- The Forest of Idols is quite lovely. The sprites appreciate its beauty. Avoid them, if you know what's good for you.
- All right then, everyone. Be kind and generous to my Goddess of Mercy!
- Take care.
- Hm? Oh, right.
- I completely forgot to tell them about those girls I let into the Forest of Idols earlier.
- Well, they were young women of the most courteous bearing. I'm sure they'll all get along swimmingly.
- Garigliano is the only Sega character to be an NPC.
- He and the Yetis are the only new Resonance of Fate characters in Project X Zone 2.
- Some of Garigliano's lines in Chapter 24 are identical to the ones in a cutscene in Resonance of Fate when Leanne had to present herself wearing strange makeup to him.
- Garigliano is the only NPC that doesn't appear in the epilogue.
- Garigliano is the only character in the game without an overworld sprite.
- Norio Wakamoto, his voice actor, also voiced M. Bison and Metal Face.